Duke Physician Assistant - Apex Urgent Care, North Carolina
Duke Orthopaedics is a dynamic department experiencing tremendous growth in the Wake County area in 2018. We are seeking experienced Orthopaedic Physician Assistants to join our expanding team in a new multi-specialty practice in Apex, North Carolina. Future expansion may include opportunities to work in multiple Wake County locations. We offer great learning environment in one of the most prestigious academic institutions in the nation. These full-time positions will work 1:00-8:30pm and every other weekend 8am-2:00pm.
Scope of services includes:
- Independent evaluation of patients in the orthopaedic urgent care
- Interpretation of x-rays, CT scans and MRI as well as laboratory studies
- Formulation of therapeutic and diagnostic plan of care
- Referral of patients for surgical treatment as required
- Referral to other specialist as well as physical therapy
- Casting and splinting skills required
- Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program; Master's degree strongly preferred. Must be licensed in the state of NC, and be certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Preference for candidate with 3-5 years’ experience in orthopaedic urgent care experience or history of independent practice preferred. OR experience not required.
Duke University is a world renowned organization which offers a competitive benefits package to include:
- Guaranteed base salary
- Productivity bonus
- Generous contributory retirement plan
- Generous vacation, holiday, sick leave
- Continuing education days / funds
- Paid Professional License
- Paid DEA
- Children’s Tuition College Grant
The Greater Triangle area of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill area is family-friendly, while offering young singles many options for an active outdoor and social scene. The Research Triangle Park (RTP), a globally prominent high-tech research and development center, was conceived around the three main academic centers in the region - Duke, UNC, and NC State. This trio of world-renowned universities coupled with the bio-tech companies of RTP, has made the area culturally diverse, economically resilient and nationally recognized as a great place to live.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individuals age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.