Duke Health Certified Medical Assistant Sponsorship
Are you interested in a rewarding career in health care?
Do you want to work for one of the country’s top employers?
Duke Health is partnering with Wake Technical Community College and Durham Technical Community College to offer full sponsorships to deserving, compassionate, professional and hardworking individuals interested in a career as a Medical Assistant. Duke Health will support students pursuing either a diploma or a degree is Medical Assisting.
What is a Medical Assistant?
Medical Assisting is one of the nation’s fastest growing careers and they are essential members of the healthcare team. Medical assistants work alongside physicians and are instrumental in helping patients feel at ease in the physician’s office. Their duties vary with the location, specialty, and size of the practice but typically include clerical and clinical tasks such as patient intake, assisting with procedures, phlebotomy, and administering medications.
- Full tuition and American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) certification in the Medical Assisting Program at either Wake Technical or Durham Technical Community colleges
- Mentorship and support from Duke Health nursing professionals
- Placement in a Duke Health outpatient clinic in the Triangle area—hiring requirements will apply
- Flexible work schedules and starting annual pay at $30K plus excellent benefits
- Opportunities for advancement, including career ladders, course credit transfers, and educational benefits
Upon completion of the program, recipients must become registered/certified and commit at least two years to working in a Duke Health facility
Criteria to Qualify
- Meet criteria for acceptance into Wake or Durham Technical Community College
- Demonstrated high level of academic standards
- Submission of application materials including resume, transcript, letters of recommendation and essay
- On-site Interview
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org