Duke Integrative Pain Physician
Duke Health is offering a unique and innovative opportunity for pain management physicians seeking to provide clinical leadership and strategic direction that will define the future of pain management. Early identification and optimal balanced care will help achieve lasting results for patients in pain – through integrated pain care. This innovative model is one of the first in the country.
The applicant must be a deep subject matter expert who can drive execution and change through collaboration and relationships. This position will provide long-term planning and oversight assuring activities are appropriately integrated into strategic direction, as well as the mission and values of Duke Health. This will involve selection and expansion of best practices while simultaneously striving for standardization and driving performance.
This role will be partnered with a variety of team members to drive results aimed at improved population health outcomes, lower per capita health care costs, and improved patient experiences with health care delivery.
This role will help contribute to a program that achieves vastly improved clinical quality, service, and cost outcomes.
• Be a critical part of newly established integrated pain clinics: an innovative model that identifies patients at risk early and provides optimal care to ensure excellent outcomes. A ‘whole patient’ approach with balanced multimodal analgesia, appropriate interventional procedures and enhanced complementary/non pharmacological wellness.
• Manage a care team that includes advanced practice providers and licensed social workers, including training and establishing communication approaches
• Develop and implement a practice aggregation model with referring services
• Provide thoughtful leadership for telehealth expansion
Duke faculty enjoys competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Duke’s faculty and campus provide a stimulating and challenging environment to practice medicine. The Triangle area of North Carolina includes Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, and is consistently rated among the best areas in the country to live! With its array of family-friendly activities, exceptional schools and universities, premier shopping, and Research Triangle Park’s high-tech research and development center, Raleigh/Durham offers something for everyone!
Interested candidates should apply with CV and letter of interest via the APPLY button.
Required Certification or Experience
• Active/unrestricted MD or DO
• Board Certified in Pain Medicine preferred.
• Active/unrestricted Medical license to practice Medicine in North Carolina
• Ability to lead and work with a care team to enhance patient outcomes.
• Good understanding of quality improvement and risk management
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Strong consulting skills
• Proven ability to work with people at multiple levels of the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individuals age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.