Duke Health Access Services
Duke Health Access Services is the first point of contact for many patients and referring providers looking to schedule an appointment at Duke.
Duke Health Access Services is responsible for appointment and access functions, aligning access–related operations and performance management, and to the creation of consistency and uniformity throughout the avenues by which patients and referring providers access Duke Health.
Goals of Duke Health Access Services:
- Optimize and standardize the patient and referring provider experience
- Establish a sustainable infrastructure that centrally supports all appointment centers and aligns with clinical departments
- Establish a patient-centric culture that aligns recruitment, on-boarding, orientation, training, quality assurance and performance management
- Develop standard tools and reporting packages to promote accuracy and accountability
- Initiate appointments within 72 hours and eliminate barriers to improve capacity
Duke Health Access Services includes:
- Appointment Center Operations
- Access Center Support Services
- Duke Consultation and Referral Center
- MedLink/My Chart