About the PDC
The Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) is the physician practice of Duke Health. It is one of the first and the largest academic multi-specialty group practices in the United States.
The PDC is a member-led organization with 1,850 members, and is governed by a Board of Managers.
As a professional limited liability company (PLLC), the PDC owns and operates more than 140 primary care and specialty care clinics throughout central and eastern North Carolina. Through a diverse and integrated network of providers, patients have convenient, accessible, and high quality primary and specialty care close to home.
In addition to patient care, PDC members conduct cutting-edge research and train the future health care workforce as faculty in the Duke University School of Medicine.
The PDC collaborates with other entities within the Duke University Health System to expand opportunities and advance Duke's clinical, research and academic missions.
OUR MISSION Advancing Health Together
OUR VISION Deliver Tomorrow's Health Care Today
PDC at a Glance
The PDC has a responsibility to:
- Provide its patients with access to and delivery of high quality, evidence-based care
- Empower its physicians by providing a supportive and well-functioning environment in which to practice medicine
- Seek innovative, affordable, and effective solutions that improve patient outcomes and ensure the long-term financial security of the practice
- Treat its employees with respect and dignity, and to recognize their accomplishments
- Serve its community by being good citizens and provide accessible, affordable health services to its neighbors
PDC Operational and Support Services
PDC Administration strives to provide a supportive, efficient and well-functioning work environment that allows its members to focus on the practice and advancement of medicine. Operational and support services include:
- Human Resources
- Benefits and Retirement Plans
- Clinic Management
- Quality and Safety Accreditation and Oversight
- Information Technology
- Medical Staff Recruitment
- Provider Integration/Onboarding
- Financial Billing, Collections and Reporting
- Legal Representation, Malpractice
- Patient Scheduling
- Patient Relations
- Communications and Marketing
—Surgical Technician, Duke Gastroenterology Brier Creek
—Ambulatory Charge Nurse, Duke Gastroenterology of Raleigh
—Health Center Administrator, Southeastern Orthopedics Shoulder Center
—Athletic Trainer, Duke Orthopaedics Heritage
—Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor, Head and Neck Surgeon, Neurotologist, Otologist; Duke Otolaryngology South Durham